Will negative tests be required at check in?
- Negative tests MAY be required at Check-In. More information will be sent to booked guests as we get closer to our trip.
Will a Covid vaccine be required to attend?
- While the event may not require a vaccination to attend, the resort or airlines might require this in order to travel / check-in. More information will be released closer to the event when we know what conditions are like.
Will masks be required?
- Masks are currently required in public indoor areas (including Check In, Lobbies & Restaurants) unless you are eating or drinking.
- Masks are also currently required in event shuttles to/from the airport or any off-site excursions.
- Masks may be required during the event. We will update booked guests as we know more.
What happens if I test positive for Covid at the event?
- If you are not feeling well, you should call the Front Desk. They will arrange for you to be tested for COVID-19.
- If you test positive, you will be required to quarantine until you test negative or until you are cleared by the doctor.
Will a test be provided for departure?
- UPDATED June 12, 2022 :: the CDC will no longer require air passengers to get tested and show a negative COVID-19 test result or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19 prior to boarding a flight to the United States regardless of vaccination status or citizenship. Please note, the CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. More information can be found HERE.
- June 2, 2022 :: A negative Covid-19 test is required by the U.S. Government within 24 hours of travel by air into the United States.
- This is monitored every 60 days and should the travel requirements change again prior to our trip, booked guests will be notified via email.
What Covid policies can I expect at the resort?
We are keeping in close contact with the resorts to monitor their safety procedures and make sure we are in compliance with the current recommendations. As of now, the Front Desk staff utilizes plexiglass shields, face masks, social distancing practices, and QR codes to provide as little contact as possible.
Hard Rock Riviera Maya has implemented the global Hard Rock SAFE+SOUND program powered by Ecolab. This comprehensive, enhanced cleanliness and sanitation plan consists of added precautionary measures throughout all aspects of the guest experience; and has been created in accordance with guidelines and recommendations issued by The WHO, CDC, and local health authorities.
The resort will be implementing procedures continuously to keep the rooms and common areas as safe and clean as possible.
What steps are being taken by Amstar to ensure our transportation is disinfected?
Amstar has developed a SAFE AND CLEAN program that will be the new standard applied throughout your vacation experience to ensure both customers and Amstar teammates’ protection.
They have implemented safety protocols such as mandatory masks at the airport and on shuttles (this applies to the airport shuttles and excursion shuttles) sanitization of vehicles before and and after each transfer, sanitization of luggage prior to loading vehicles, social distancing, and reduced capacities. Hand sanitizer will also be available for guests and staff before, during, and after transfers.
In addition, excursion suppliers have enhanced their protocols and safety measures. We will inform guests of all safety protocols when excursions are announced at a later date.
If I contract Covid just before the event, can I request a refund?
- Your vacation is non-refundable. We highly encourage all guests purchase a travel insurance policy.
- There are many different policies out there to explore. We have done the legwork and offer policies that cover Covid related illness and a Cancel for Any Reason benefit.
If I become too nervous to travel after I purchasing a reservation, can I get a refund?
- No. The event is non-refundable. If you feel concerned that you may change your mind and not want to attend, you should consider purchasing a travel insurance plan that offers Cancel For Any Reason benefits.
What happens if the event is postponed due to Covid-19?
- If the event is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, you can hold onto your reservation and it will be honored for the rescheduled dates or you will be given the opportunity to request a refund.